Well, I am really sorry that I have been gone for 6 days. I really planned on blogging during finals week, but I ended up studying a lot (which is sort of unlike me) because I really wanted to get some good grades. So, that’s why I have been absent.
But, while I was gone, I did do some drugstore investigation. I had heard that there are some new drugstore products out there and I decided to round them up and show them to you.
I have been trying some higher end products recently (especially around my birthday), but I still have a connection to drugstore makeup. The drugstore has some really great products that often go unnoticed and are often underrated. And the makeup doesn’t cost tons and tons of dollars. I can go into Target and get five things for around $20. $20 doesn’t seem to get you very far at higher end places (like Sephora).
So, every once in a while, I will do posts like this highlighting new drugstore products that have caught my eye. I’m thinking this will be something that comes out every season (or anytime something pops up at the drugstore).
Now that my spiel is over, I can get into the products:
- Maybelline Color Fusion Cream Eyeshadow ($6.94) I am really dying to get my hands on these. I am a sucker for eyeshadows that have a creamy texture (aka cream eyeshadows). So when I saw these in my Teen Vogue magazine, I fell in love with them. My personal favorite duo is Rose Haze. It has a really nice champagne color and a deep purple. It was basically made for me.
- Physicians Formula Super BB All-In-1 Cheek & Lip Beauty Balm ($6.95) This is basically another copycat EOS lip balm on steroids. The thing that makes this unique and eye opening to me is the fact that it is a cheek and lip BB thingie. I have honestly never seen anything like this. The color shown is Natural Peach and I really think this is a perfect product to carry around.
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper ($6.99) There have been a handful of different brow mascaras that have been released recently. I have finally found one that is kind of similar to the Benefit Gimme Brow. This brush has the same tapered cone shape as Gimme Brow, but it is a little larger. The L’Oreal brow mascara is a little thinner than Gimme Brow, but it does a great job at filling in your eyebrows. So, if you don’t want to splurge and get that product, this one is a much more cost effective option.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish 25HR Skin Perfecting Full Coverage Foundation ($7.99) This foundation applies really nicely. My friend got it and she said it is wonderful. It doesn’t last 25 hours, but it lasted for a full school day (and then quite a few hours after that). It gives nice coverage and has a slightly dewy finish, but you can always set it with a powder.
- Physicians Formula Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil Blush ($12.95) They really are putting argan oil in everything now a days. I would call this a brightening blush. It does have shimmery parts in the actual blush, but the argan oil also helps give that brightening effect and a glow to the skin. If you love glowy blushes, then this was made for you.
- Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara ($6.99) I would call this mascara a combination of Clump Crusher and LashBlast Volume mascaras by Covergirl. It gives nice volume and length while still keeping the lashes clump free. It has a really nice formula that is super lightweight on the lashes, just like any other Covergirl mascaras (that’s one of my favorite parts about Maybelline mascaras).
- Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss Lipstick ($5.99) The awesome thing about these lipsticks is that they come in four shades (nude, pink, red, and berry) and in three different skin tones (light, light/medium, and medium). This is awesome for anyone who has trouble finding the perfect shade for their skin tone. Obviously, you could wear whatever shade you wanted, but the concept is really cool.
- Infallible Smokissime Powder Eyeliner Pen ($9.99) This is another really unique product that I have honestly never seen before. I am a big fan of eyeliner pens just because they are easy to work with. But this eyeliner pen is “next gen”. It is an eyeliner pen with the powder eyeliner stored in the cap. This is perfect for anyone who wants to achieve a really nice smoky eye.
- Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash ($8.99) At first glance, I thought that these were new colors of the Revlon dual ended nail polishes. Boy, was I wrong. These are not made for your nails. This is a cream eyeshadow/liner/multipurpose-miracle-worker. This thing is amazing. There are two shades that are perfect alone, together, or with your other favorite shadows. You can use them as eyeshadows, eyeliners, or even mascara (if you use a mascara wand). The glitter side comes with a brush like applicator while the solid colored side comes with a doe foot applicator. My only down side is that the cream eyeshadow does take a little longer to dry than my regular cream eyeshadows. But it is no big deal.
And that’s all of the new things at the drugstore that I have found. If you give any of them a try, feel free to tell me how you feel about them. I would love to hear your opinions. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter to see what I am up to… You can also tweet me questions at any time. I am always open for questions, suggestions, ideas, or whatever else you have to say.
Have a fantastic day! #StayBeautiful #Don’tEverGiveUp