Well, the color of the year is Marsala. It is a beautiful red color that can be both a neutral and a bold pop of color. That is the beauty of this color. I love when Sephora does their color of the year collection because there are so many different products and I love seeing what products Sephora decided to make using them.
The colors of the year have been pretty awesome these past few years. My personal favorite was the 2011 color of the year: honeysuckle. Pantone does a great job at picking their colors of the year. I have loved their choices. I also love that marsala is so versatile and can be neutral or bold. You crushed it Pantone.
As a heads up, the collection is being sold online right now, but I think it comes into stores on December 26th. Time to get excited everyone!
Let’s get into the products:
- Bold Marsala Mascara & Brow Highlighter ($20) I’ll be honest with you guys. I don’t really know how this is a brow highlighter. I am honestly against using this on my brows. With that being said, this would be beautiful on the lashes. I think it would not be too bold on the lashes. I have seen this on many eye colors and it flatters basically every eye color. So, if you want a good colored mascara, then give this a try. It might be totally worth it.
- Shimmering Marsala Cheek Trio ($28) I am a sucker for cheek kits. I have a tiny obsession with trying new blushes because I have been wearing blush ever since my humble beginnings in makeup. So, I have an emotional attachment to blush and always like trying out different ones. I also love cheek kits/trios because it comes with so many options and they are great for traveling. I might have to pick this one up.
- Cooling Marsala Multi Stick ($25) Multi sticks are awesome for traveling as well. I have actually never tried a multi stick before, but I have heard that they are awesome and versatile and are totally worth their price. It also is great for dry skin because this multi stick contains coconut oil.
- Pure Marsala Matte Lip Cream ($18) I love matte lip products, so I am glad that Sephora released a matte lip cream in Marsala. This could be my new perfect red lip. It seems like it wouldn’t be too bright or too deep. In case you didn’t know, I am very particular with my red lipsticks and have been looking for a good one for quite a while. I will definitely give this a try and see if it makes my small list of favorite red lipsticks.
- Facets of Marsala Multi Finish Eye Palette ($39) I love palettes that contain different finishes. I personally love both matte and shimmer finishes and love when palettes do a nice combination of finishes. I also love that this palette comes with complimentary colors, instead of just all marsala toned colors. There are four marsala shades. It is basically the same color but in different finishes (matte, shimmer, pearl, and glitter finishes). So, I like that it comes in all finishes. This palette comes with 24 eyeshadows or $39. That’s a pretty good deal.
- Marsala Layering Lip Collection ($28) I love chubby sticks and I love that Sephora went with an ombre effect with these lippies. You could easily make a beautiful ombre lip or a two toned lip that have been floating around the beauty world for a few months. Also, these are more nude shades, which are right up my alley.
- Marsala Metal Shine Liquid Liner ($18) This is the reason why I wanted to do a little post about the Sephora collection. I took one look at this on Twitter and the Sephora website and automatically fell in love with it. I have been looking for another eyeliner for a few weeks and I think I have found my fit. This eyeliner is a beautiful color. I saw it on a brown eyed girl on the Sephora website and it really complimented her eyes. So, since I have brown eyes as well, I’m thinking I will pick this up the second I find out my local Sephora gets it. I’m pumped guys.
Now you can fall in love with marsala makeup. Seriously guys, marsala is a beautiful color. If you give any of these a try, comment down below, tweet me, or even Instagram me (I’m getting back into it… Slowly). I am probably most prevalent in those three areas. I love hearing from you wonderful people. You guys make my day so much better.
Have a fantastic day! #StayBeautiful #Don’tEverGiveUp #MerryBlogmas