Well, this post title is a little misleading. In this amazing new blog post, I am going to find a bunch of different eyeliner tips and tricks that will help you achieve the best eyeliner possible.
I am no eyeliner expert. My eyeliner skills are actually getting better and I feel like I have a bunch of different tips and tricks I have learned and found. There are numerous ways to put on eyeliner and some of these tricks may help you become an eyeliner expert.
I know you all have a love-hate relationship with your eyeliner, but it’s about time you learn how to do it (like a boss).
Let’s get started:
- Set your eyeliner with a matching powder. This helps the eyeliner stay put for longer. Make sure to use a color that is almost identical to the eyeliner you used.
- Create a custom eyeliner with an eyeshadow and a wet brush. This lets you make different eyeliner colors and also lets your experiment with different shades or eyeliner trends.
- DIY Gel Eyeliner: Using a lighter, warm up a kohl eyeliner for a few seconds. Let it cool for about 15 seconds. Test the pencil on the back of your hand and then you can use it to line your eyes. It helps make the pencil more intense like a gel eyeliner.
- Use a spoon to get the perfect cat eye. The curves of a spoon are perfect for getting a good cat eye.
- Crumbly eyeliner? Freeze it for about 10 minutes before using it to help it keep its shape.
- Glitter liner takes your look from day to night. To get a simple day to night look, just apply some glitter eyeliner over your regular eyeliner for a great night eye makeup look.
- Use scotch tape to get the perfect winged eyeliner. Place tape on an angle to act as a stencil for your winged eyeliner.
- Cotton swabs dipped in makeup remover are your best friends. If you tend to have a shaky hand or just want to fix your eyeliner a little, use a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to easily clean up and edges or mistakes.
- Draw your cat eye flick towards your eye. This helps get a more precise flick and is just generally easier because it is more foolproof than going away from your eye.
- Use a business card to do your winged eyeliner. Just like the scotch tape, this helps act as a stencil for your eyeliner.
- Put on mascara before you do your eyeliner. This may seem like a bad idea, but this helps map out where your wing should be. It also helps you know where to end your wing.
- Do your winged eyeliner with a pencil or powder first and then go over with the liquid liner. Liquid liner isn’t the easiest to work with, so it is a good idea to do your eyeliner with a pencil or powder first and then go over it with liquid liner.
- Draw dots instead of doing one straight line. If you do little dots and connect them instead of doing a straight (and shaky) line, then it can be easier to apply. It is easier to connect dots than do a single line.
- Use your eyeliner as eyeshadow. Your eyeliner can do so many other things. You can use it as eyeshadow by doing a crosshatch on your lid and blending really well with a brush.
- Put white or nude eyeliner on your lower waterline. This helps your eyes look larger and more awake.
- Mascara can be used as eyeliner. I have mentioned this one before and I use it often. All you really need is mascara and an eyeliner brush. It is super easy and turns mascara into a great multipurpose product.
- Line your eyelash curler before you curl your lashes. If you put liner on your eyelash curler and then curl your lashes, you can easily get curly lashes and perfectly lined eyes– all in ONE step. It saves time and extra effort.
And that is how you line your eyes like a pro. Have any other eyeliner hacks? Have any blog posts you would love to see? Have any great fall/Halloween themed post suggestions? Comment down below or check out the Come Find Me tab. I would love to hear from you!
Have a fantastic day! #StayBeautiful