Well, I am coming at you with a new brand focus post. I love doing these posts because they let me talk about certain brands that I absolutely love and what products I would recommend to you. I decided to choose a drugstore brand this time because drugstore makeup is inexpensive and cool. I chose Maybelline. I have also loved Maybelline since the beginning of my beauty loving days. My first ever mascara was the Great Lash mascara which is still a mascara I continue to buy to this day.
Why do I love Maybelline so much? Well, it is great for multiple reasons. It is surprisingly inexpensive. Some products I have tried are close to, as good, or better than some higher end products I have tried. I am not saying that all of their products are winners, but I have tried a good amount of their beauty products and I have loved a bunch of them.
In this brand focus, I will talk about a handful of products that I have tried and absolutely love. But before I get to that, I need to talk about a little history behind Maybelline. Let’s get started!
Maybelline was created by Tom Lyle Williams in 1915. His sister was using a mix of coal dust and Vaseline on her eyelashes and he decided to change it up. So he did what any normal kid would do and buy a chemistry set and try to fix it himself (obviously). He sold this product locally and named it “lash-in-brow-line”. He later renamed it Maybelline because of his sister who had inspired the mascara in the first place.
Maybelline is actually owned my L’Oreal (fun fact). Also, the company had moved several times from Memphis to Chicago to Little Rock and then finally Brooklyn (and the HQ moved to New York City).
That’s really the story behind Maybelline. Now I can talk about some of my favorite products. Here we go:
- Fit Me Concealer ($6.49): I have raved about this (here) and I can’t say enough good things about it. It is a great lightweight blendable concealer that is great for concealing under eye circles.
- Color Tattoo ($6.99): I just bought Bad to the Bronze and it is beautiful. The pigmentation is nice and it does seem to last a long time on my eyes (and I have slightly oily eyelids).
- Dream Fresh BB Cream ($7.19): One of the best (if not the best) BB creams I have ever tried. It has a lightweight feel and still has a little bit of coverage. It is a great foundation for those who don’t need that much coverage.
- Eyeshadow Quads ($6.25): I have tried the purple eyeshadow quad and the shadows are surprisingly nice. They apply really well and I love the amount of eye looks I can get just from one little quad.
- Fit Me Blush ($5.99): My mo absolutely loves this blush and she always repurchases it. She got it for me once and I absolutely fell in love with it. She got me a berry color (can’t remember the name) but it worked really well during the fall.
- Dream Wonder Powder ($6.99): I have tried a bunch of powders and this powder seems to be in my Top 6 powders. It does a great job absorbing oil and it does really help my skin look natural and beautiful.
- Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Concealer ($12.99): Everyone raves about this. I understand why. It is a great under eye concealer that covers circles perfectly. If you are running low on sleep, this should be your best friend.
- Color Elixir ($8.99): The pigmentation in some of the color elixirs is insane. It has a balmy feel without being sticky or annoying. I expected it to be more of a gloss, but it has a great feel and formula. You should give these a try.
- Baby Lips ($3.99): I have talked about these too (here and here). I have talked about these more than any normal human being ever has. I just love these things. They are super moisturizing and smell amazing.
- Great Lash Mascara ($4.39): This was my holy grail mascara for years. I still love the formula, but I have tried other mascaras that are just as good. I would still say that it is one of my favorites. I have used it ever since I started out with makeup and I have repurchased it so many times that I have lost count.
And that is my Maybelline brand focus. I hope you give some of these products a try because they are awesome and definitely should be tried out. Want to do a guest post or have any post suggestions? Comment down below or check out the Come Find Me tab to get a hold of me.
I hope you have a fantastic day! #StayBeautiful