Well, it is August and school is going to be starting soon. So, I decided that my first Back to School blog post will be a Teach Me Tuesday post on how to look more awake. I know for sure that if you are a high school student, you will not be getting much sleep. Whether it’s clubs or athletics or just a whole ton of homework, you will be definitely have a large amount of nights where you get anywhere from one to five hours of sleep.
That is where this TMT will come in handy because no one likes to look like they’re sleepy or show off their insane eye bags. I have finally come up with a handful of ways to help you look more awake (with some help from my amazing new friend Teresa!).
I have tried to master how to look awake for years now. I have tried all of the tricks and tips and beauty hacks out there in order to make myself look slightly alive and awake even when I am running on empty. It has taken a while to find out what works for me and what doesn’t.
So, I guess I should stop rambling about my sleep patterns and actually start helping you out.
Let’s get into this!
- It is always good to have a nice hydrating eye cream to help your undereye area. The Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream ($40) is one of the best eye creams I have ever tried. My friend let me try some of hers and I absolutely fell in love with it. It is a nice gel/cream hybrid that instantly hydrates my undereyes. I also noticed that it does help keep my undereye concealer from creasing as the day goes on.
- Since I already mentioned it, I might as well get into the concealer. The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer ($7.99) is a real game changer. It does a great job concealing undereye circles while also brightening the area. I think that every girl should definitely have this in their beauty arsenal because it is so helpful.
- A little trick I heard from a friend was to line your lower waterline with a nude eyeliner because it makes your eyes pop. It helps bring out the whites of your eyes and just helps make you look more awake and alive. Two of my favorite nude eyeliners are the Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner ($20) and the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner ($4.49). They are both amazing nude eyeliners that are perfect on the lower waterline.
- Another eyeliner trick that I found was to line your lower lashline with a white or silver eyeliner. This also brings out the whites of your eyes and makes your eyes pop. A really amazing white eyeliner is the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Empress ($20). It is a great white color and it can be smudged out (which I love to do on my lower lashline).
- The key to getting your eyes to pop is to curl your eyelashes. It may seem like a no brainer, but I know many of you girls out there aren’t curling your lashes. It helps make the lashes look longer which makes your eyes look larger and more awake and aware. So, there are tons of eyelash curlers out there and any drugstore or high end eyelash curler will do. One of my favorites is the Sephora Collection Eyelash Curler ($17). It is just a really good eyelash curler and it comes in four really cool colors.
- Once you have your eyelashes curled, you can now add some mascara. Lengthening mascara is a good choice for those days when you want to look more awake. Lengthening mascaras make your lashes look longer and fuller which helps you look more awake. There are so many amazing lengthening mascaras out there and I have a few favorites. Some great options are the Benefit They’re Real Mascara ($23), the Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara ($22), and the Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara ($5.99). They are all great options and are mascaras that I absolutely love.
- Lastly, I have to mention eyeshadows because I love trying different eyeshadows. When it comes to looking awake, dark eyeshadows can make you look less awake than lighter eyeshadows can. My friend tried this Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Eyeshadow Quad in Nude ($50) and she said it worked really well at making her look awake. I also just love this eyeshadow quad in general because the color are beautiful nudes and really look great when paired together.
And now you can look somewhat alive even when you have only slept a solid four hours.
I hope you liked my first Back to School/Teach Me Tuesday post. If you have suggestions for Back to School posts you would love for me to do, then comment down below and I will definitely give them a go.
Have a fantastic day! #StayBeautiful