Well, you should know that I am obsessed with lip balms by now. I continue to buy and try new lip balms all the time. I have tried multiple different types of lip balms and lip treatments so I really think it was time to put up this post.
I have done years and years of testing out different types of lip balms. As I have said before, I love lip balms and think that I am officially a Lip Balm Expert. There are certain things I look for in a lip balm. I look for a nice scent, a lot of moisture, and good staying power. Sometimes, I do like to have a tinted lip balm or treatment, but it isn’t a necessity.
I have finally narrowed it down from a whole bunch of lip balms (almost 50 lip balms total) to 10 lip balms. It was no easy task my friends. It took a whole lot of brain power and critiquing to get it down to these ten lip balms.
I think I should stop blabbering about my lip balm addiction and get onto the actual lip balms.
In case you were wondering, these lip balms are in no specific order. These are all just my current favorite lip balms. Let’s do this!
- Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate ($12): The great thing about this lip balm is that is is super moisturizing and looks like a lip gloss without being sticky or heavy. I also love the sheer coral color it gives to my lips. There are five other color options: a clear color (Guava), a sheer pink (Jasmine), a sheer peach (Mango), a sheer rose (Quince), and a sheer deep red (Wild Rose). The colors are beautiful and the formula is amazing.
- EOS Lip Balm in Honeysuckle Honeydew ($3.29): This is one of the best smelling lip balms I have ever tried. It is probably the second best drugstore lip balm I have ever tried (find out why here). All of the EOS lip balms have really nice smells and they really do a good job hydrating. The egg shape is really unique too. I just think that these lip balms are worth buying if you are looking for a good moisturizing lip balm.
- Maybelline Baby Lips In Peach Kiss ($5.78): Now that I have talked about the EOS lip balms, I feel like I am obliged to talk about the Maybelline Baby Lips. Both lip balms are being constantly compared around the beauty world (I even got in on the action). These lip balms are equally as moisturizing as the EOS lip balms, but they don’t have really unique smells. The one difference is that the Baby Lips has a slight tint. I feel like Peach Kiss has a very sheer peach color, but it does add something to my lips (even it if is a slight slight slight tint). I love the slight tint and the moisturizing power.
- Fresh Sugar Tulip Tinted Lip Treatment ($22.50): I have tried a few Fresh products and their lip balms have got to be my favorite product. All of their lip balms have a really nice feel on the lips. I think the Tulip lip treatment is my favorite because of the beautiful hot pink color and the fact that it is called Tulip. In case you didn’t know, tulips are some of my favorite flowers and I think Fresh captured their color perfectly. Ironically, there were tulips in my garden that my mom planted that had a similiar pink color like the lip balm. So, I think my love of tulips basically drew me towards this lip balm and I never looked back. It also gives insane moisture.
- The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter ($6): I think that the Body Shop has some insane lip butters. They have a handful of amazing flavors in their lip balm collection, but I think the most prominent and most intense smell is the Pink Grapefruit lip butter. The scent is enticing and really does smell like grapefruits. Yet it isn’t a sour grapefruit smell. It is a really sweet grapefruit scent that makes my lips smell amazing. It also feels really nice on the lips. I normally don’t go for grapefruit smells, but I think I am hooked on grapefruit smells forever now that I have been graced with this amazing lip butter.
- Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment ($14.50): If you have really chapped lips, then this lip balm can help solve your problem. This is one powerful lip treatment that immediately help heal dry and chapped lips. This is one of the best lip treatments out there because it works quickly to help heal your lips and also gives an intense burst of moisture to help your lips stay moisturized for hours.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve ($6): This is a multipurpose balm that helps everything from chapped lips to chapped elbows. I like to apply this before bed and I wake up with moisturized lips. This salve has a nice rose smell that isn’t over powering. Along with its amazing smell, this lip balm immediately sinks into the lips and doesn’t weigh them down. It is super affordable and does as great job.
- Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm ($27): I found this lip balm from Essiebutton and I automatically had to give it a try. I would say that it is definitely worth the money. This lip balm also has a great rose smell and is a great luxury lip balm. You don’t really need to reapply for hours and it gives a nice sheer almost gloss-like look to the lips. It is really really moisturizing and really does smooth out your lips. (I am not so sure about the plumping claim though.)
- C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Balm ($7.50): I fell in love with this lip balm once I laid eyes on it at Bath and Body Works. I bought this lip balm because I love this packaging. I am quite easy to please when it comes to lip balms. Once I tried it, however, I absolutely fell in love with it because it is very moisturizing and the lemon scent is one of my favorite lip balm scents. It is a subtle lemon scent that isn’t overpowering or obnoxious. I carry this lip balm around everywhere and even in the winter, it keeps my lips moisturized and smooth. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that loves citrus scents.
- Korres Greek Yoghurt Nourishing Lip Cooler ($19): This is one of the most unique and cool and amazing lip products on this list. First off, the applicator has a little rollerball built into the applicator. How awesome is that? It has a nice scent, but it is part lip balm and part lip exfoliator. It has a slightly grainy texture (that does bother me a little bit), but if you smooth it out with your finger after application then it isn’t too much of a problem. It is really nourishing and does cool down my lips. The colors are relatively sheer, but I think that Peach (my favorite) gives the most tint. Peach gives a really nice peach color that I absolutely love in the summer.
When I was doing this post, I accidentally forgot one of my new lip balm finds… So, I have an “honorable mention”: the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm ($7.50). There are four amazing scents that all smell amazing. My personal favorite is Black Tea & Blackberry. All of the scent options are unique flavor combinations that all seem to work well together. The packaging is really nice and I don’t even have to reapply. It doesn’t dry out my lips and has SPF 25 which is great because SPF is so important. I just overall love this lip balm so much.
You may see your favorite lip balm missing from this list. Fear not! If your favorite isn’t shown, I haven’t given it a try yet. You can comment down below your favorite lip balm and I will definitely give it a try.
Thanks for reading. I hope you give these lip balms a try. I also included links throughout the whole post, so feel free to click on any of them to get more information on the brands or the lip balms themselves. Feel free to comment down below what posts you would like to see.
Check out other high end lip balms on the Sephora website (click here).
Have a fantastic day! #StayBeautiful