Well, it is finally that time of year again. It’s time for Lollapalooza. For those who are not aware, Lollapalooza is like Coachella or Firefly. It is basically a music festival that showcases a multitude of different acts. Sadly, if you want to go, the tickets are sold out.
But if you are going to go (or are heading to any other summer concerts or music festivals), this blog post was made for you.
Before I get into the actual hair and makeup, I feel that I should do some explaining and give some background information. Lollapalooza is a music festival held in Chicago (check out their website here). They feature many different acts each year. This year, they have acts like Lorde, Eminem, Outkast, Calvin Harris, and Zedd (just to name a few– check out the other acts here).
I think we should get started with the hair and hair accessories. It is important to keep your hair out of your face and headbands and bandanas do a great job keeping your hair in place. I found two hair accessories that I absolutely love:
- The first hair accessory is the flower headband ($11). It is from a cute online store that I recently found called Monki. It is a store located in the UK, but I absolutely love this headband. The flowers are a beautiful color and it is perfect for any music festival or concert you may be going to.
- The other hair accessory is a bandana ($6.99). It comes in two colors: this coral pink/peachy color and a sky blue color. It is from Tilly’s and has a paisley print that I absolutely adore. It does a great job keeping your hair out of your face and it also a really chic and comfortable alternative to the regular plastic headband I wear.
When it comes to styling your hair, it all depends on what you like to do with your hair. I would recommend keeping it up in a braid (I am obsessed with crown braids at the moment. Another great option is the milkmaid braid.). But if you aren’t really into braids, you could try a high ponytail or just wear your hair naturally. It all really depends on what you would like to do. Keeping it up will make it easier to manage your hair.
Now we can get into the makeup:
- Sunscreen: You are going to be in the sun for hours on end and obviously need some hardcore sun protection. So, make sure to grab an easy to apply sunscreen. I love the Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunscreen Spray ($11). It has SPF 50, applies on wet or dry skin, and is oil free. It also is insanely easy to apply so you can just spray and go.
- Foundation: I would definitely go with a good tinted moisturizer, BB cream, or really light foundation. You don’t want too much foundation and end up making your skin cakey. The Jouer Tinted Moisturizer ($43) or Matte Moisture Tint ($38) are great options because they are both moisturizing and give a light coverage that won’t melt off your face.
- Bronzer: Bronzed skin seemed to be popular at the other music festivals and Lollapalooza is no exception. Marc Jacobs Perfect Tan Bronzer ($49)
- Eyeliner: When it comes to the eyes, you could either go with a neon colored eyeliner or bright eyeshadows. My favorite liquid eyeliner is the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner ($20). It comes in a multitude of colors, don’t smudge, and lasts all day. The three colors shown are Intense Black, Paradise Pink, and Turquoise. Other colors I absolutely love are Periwinkle, Emerald, and Snow. Once you pick out your favorite color, then you can wing it out and you’re all set!
- Eyeshadow: So, if eyeliner isn’t really your forte, then neon eyeshadows may be the thing for you. A great neon palette is the POPBeauty Bright Up Your Life palette ($22) or the Urban Decay Electric palette ($49). Both palettes come with bright neon colors that are perfect for music festivals. They both have ten eyeshadows and are pretty similiar to each other. The only difference is the price.
- Mascara: You are going to be out in the sun for hours on end. I bet you don’t want your mascara running and you looking like a raccoon. So, you will need a good waterproof mascara that stays on and also looks great. A great option is the Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Mascara ($20). This mascara adds a ton of volume and length while staying put through sweat, rain, and tears.
- Tinted Lip Balm: When at a music festival, you definitely need a good moisturizing lip color. Tinted lip balms are great because they give your lips a nice tint while still moisturizing your lips. Some great options are the Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm ($6) or the Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm ($19). Sunburst and Hibiscus are both amazing colors. Sunburst is a beautiful coral like shade and Hibiscus is a nice red color. The Cailyn tinted lip balm is nice because it comes with the little brush so that you don’t have to bring along another brush.
- Cleansing Wipes: Cleansing wipes are a must have. It easily refreshes your face and keeps you from feeling gross and sticky. I love the Pacifica Purify Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes ($5.99) because they have a light and fresh smell but also has papaya which acts as a natural exfoliant (which helps get rid of the dirt and other stuff that gets on your face).
Now you are ready for Lollapalooza. If you are going to Lollapalooza or any other music festivals, then tweet me your makeup look. I would love to see what you do. Also comment below what posts you would like to see on the blog.
I hope you have a fantastic day! #StayBeautiful