Well, I tend to obsess over my eyebrows. I absolutely hate when my eyebrows start to get crazy and I always have to go in and make sure they are perfect…
One would call a person like this a Eyebrow Snob. (Let’s add that to my list of two word descriptions of myself)
So, when it comes to eyebrow products, I tend to do a ton of research. I look at a bunch of reviews, first impressions, and scouting reports (just kidding). I think I have narrowed it down to three categories of eyebrow products: Powder, Gel, and Pencil.
I tried to do a mix of high end and drugstore options because I love both ends of the beauty spectrum and I believe that there are great options on both ends. Some products mentioned are not shown (only because I either forgot to put them in or I ran out of space on my picture).
I believe that the eyebrows are the frames for your face. They can make or break your whole look. You can also overdo it with your eyebrow products and end up with the dreaded “Sharpie eyebrow” (which every girl will hate you for… it just doesn’t look very good ladies). So, in order to stay away from the dreaded Sharpie Eyebrow, just continue reading.
I first need to do a little background on my eyebrow story. I used to have the most horrific unibrow. My brother used to make fun of me because of it every single day. There wasn’t a day that went by where he didn’t make fun of it. At one point, it just got so bad that I begged my mom to let me get my eyebrows waxed. I was sick and tired of having a unibrow, but I didn’t want to go through the pain of plucking it.
So, I ended up getting my eyebrows waxed. The only downside was that I have really sensitive skin and the waxer waxed too far down and ended up pulling off some skin under my browbone, around my upper lip, and where my unibrow used to be. I was literally in tears because it was so painful and red where the skin was pulled off. Of course, my mom insisted that it didn’t look so bad (she felt really bad) and she did all she could do to help. The only bad thing was that it was about four days before my first day of school.
The only way I survived that first week of school was because of my mom’s encouragement and a whole ton of concealer.
So, now I only get my eyebrows waxed if they look especially bad or if my mom just so happens to have an appointment to get hers done. But, I have been doing a great job keeping my eyebrows in place. There aren’t too many hairs that are out of place and quite frankly, my brows look as good as freshly waxed ones.
Sadly, I do have a little sparse area. I have thicker brows at the front of my brows. The “tails” however are slightly more sparse. My eyebrows also tend to get out of line and need to be set by a brow gel. I don’t do a whole lot with my brows, but if you would like to see my eyebrow routine, then comment below (or even send me a tweet). I can definitely do that.
I think I have done enough blabbing about my eyebrow issues. I think it is time to get into the products.
Let’s start with the powder eyebrow products. Powders help keep the brows looking natural and help to fill in sparse areas. They are probably the best at gaining a really natural eyebrow look. There are so many powders to choose from. Here are some great eyebrow powders:
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder Kit ($6): This is the perfect kit for achieving “movie star eyebrows”. It comes with two colors and a good highlight powder. I love that this kit is small, compact, and great for traveling. It is also so convenient because it comes with an angled brush and a round brush.
- Brow Bar to Go by Whitening Lightning ($24): Some of my favorite YouTubers (Orly and Katy) are gigantic fans of this amazing eyebrow powder kit. It has two shades that you can mix and match in order to get your perfect brow color. There are two powders and a wax to help set your brows. I love this eyebrow kit and certainly think that it is worth the money.
- Benefit Brow Zings ($32): The dark brown color kit has probably the most perfect eyebrow color for me. I normally can’t find a perfect shade match for my eyebrows, but the Brow Zings has the best color match for my brows. I also like that this comes with an angled brush, a rounder “blending” brush, and tweezers. I love that it comes with tweezers because I always seem to need them whenever I see a stray hair, but I don’t really carry them around with me. This is a great eyebrow kit to carry around because you have everything you need in a neat little square package.
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo ($23): Anastasia is the queen of eyebrows (you’ll see when we get to her other eyebrow product later on). Her eyebrow products are beyond amazing and they all work wonders on your brows. There are TEN different brow powder options. That is another great thing about Anastasia brow products: they come in so many shade options. Now you don’t have to put too much effort into finding the perfect brow color because there is bound to be the perfect brow shade for you.
Now that you have seen some of the best powders, I think it is time to check out the eyebrow gels. There are a whole ton of eyebrow gels to pick from and I found a whole bunch of different high end and drugstore options. Eyebrow gel is great for setting your brows in place and adding a slight tint to the brows. Let’s get started:
- NYX Eyebrow Gel ($7): In the summer, you need to have a good waterproof eyebrow gel. The NYX eyebrow gel is a great waterproof brow gel. It has a lightweight feel and also stays on through hours of sweating and swimming. It also stays on great if you have oily skin. The only thing you may want to do is set it with a clear brow gel. I think it works better if you set it with a brow gel because it just keeps it in place.
- MAC ‘Fluidline’ Brow Gel ($16): This is another long-lasting and waterproof brow gel product. The good thing about this product is that it sets really quickly so if you’re in a pinch, you can easily do your eyebrows and they will be ready in no time. The only downside of this product is that it only comes in three colors. I would love for it to have a bigger color selection. Unfortunately, there are only colors for dark brown, red, and dirty blonde hair. I did once try the dark brown color to see if it was a good color match and it seemed a little off. It wasn’t overly dark, but it just didn’t work with my eyebrow color.
- Benefit Gimme Brow ($22): This thing literally adds little hair fibers to your eyebrows. So it basically works like magic to fill in your eyebrows. Beauty gurus and regular girls everywhere absolutely love this product because it both fills in and sets your lashes in one easy step. It is magic in a little tiny tube.
- Sonia Kashuk Tinted Brow Gel ($5.99): I love most of Sonia Kashuk’s products and their brow gel is not disappointment. This does a great job at keeping brows in place. The tint is also good for a bunch of different hair colors. This brow gel is very lightweight which is nice in the summer. I am not so sure about the color range (it may come in just one shade) but I know for sure that it does come in a clear version (click here).
- Maybelline Eye Studio Brow Drama ($12): I am not so sure if it is sold in here in the United States, but I have heard Gabby (her channel is here) talk about it. So, if any of the UK readers need a good eyebrow gel, then check out that one.
- Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara ($6.40): This is a great and cheap clear brow gel. I love the regular Great Lash mascara, so when I found that there was a clear one that is perfect for eyebrows, I had to give it a try. I love that it just keeps my eyebrows in place and is super cheap. It is one of my favorite brow gels of all time.
- E.L.F. Eyebrow Treat & Tame ($3): This is one of the most inexpensive yet effective eyebrow products on the market. I have heard that this is better than the Benefit Gimme brow. It does have a bigger brush, but if you were to cut down the ELF brush, you would have a better version of the Gimme brow. Obviously you need to give it a try to see if you love it.
- EYEKO Brow Gel ($28): I love that this is a squeeze type bottle so that you can get every last drop. This is a really good eyebrow gel to travel with because it isn’t too big and you can easily get some product. It isn’t flaky or stiff or annoying in any way. It just does a really good job at keeping your eyebrows in line.
Finally, we have made it to the amazing eyebrow pencils.
- Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil & Gel ($7.99): I decided to include this one for one reason only: it is a pencil and gel all on one stick. I have used it quite a few times and it does work really well, but my favorite part of this eyebrow pencil is the fact that it has both a gel and a pencil. It makes traveling with it a whole lot easier. It is also inexpensive but still works really well.
- Bobbi Brown Brow Pencil ($22): I love Bobbi Brown products. The great thing about this product is that the pencil has a really fine tip so that you can get really fine hairs. But make sure you have a good sharpener on hand to keep the tip nice and pointy.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz ($21): AKA the best brow pencil ever created. The fine tip on this amazing product lets you create fine little hairs. It’s like adding little hairs to your eyebrows. They look so natural and make your eyebrows look full.
- NYX Eyebrow Push-Up Bra ($9.99): The great thing about this product is that it is another one of those two in one products. It has a highlighting pencil on one side and a brow drawing pencil on the other. It is super convenient and, once again, makes traveling with this product really easy. I love that it has the highlighting pencil with the eyebrow pencil because then you don’t need two separate pencils. I also really love this highlighting pencil. It is a really good quality highlighter.
- Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil ($32): AKA the second best brow pencil ever created. It works just as well as the Anastasia one, except this one has a more angled tip. It obviously works just as well, but it isn’t as small or fine as the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I would recommend either product because they both make your brows look really natural.
Now that you know the eyebrow products like the back of your hand, you can now give them a try for yourself. Feel free to tweet a picture of your brows with the products you use and send it to me. I would love to see what you did. If you have any blog posts you would love to see, then comment down below and I will definitely give it a try.
Thanks for reading and have a fantastic day! #StayBeautiful