Well, I am going to start doing some celebrity makeup tutorials because 1.) I love doing makeup tutorials and 2.) I thought it was time to start doing some different types of posts. I automatically thought of celebrity makeup tutorials because I just love certain celebrity’s makeup looks.
One of my favorites is Taylor Swift. From her long wavy hair to her bright red lip, I always seem to love her makeup looks for award shows and other events. Her makeup always seems to be on point and her hair never strays from perfect.
So, I decided to give her looks a try. I hunted and hunted for hours to find one of my favorite looks of hers. It took ages to find the perfect look, but low and behold, it finally popped up after looking through a ton of pictures. This picture is from when she was at the ACM awards.
(Also, Carrie Underwood was there and also looked absolutely stunning… I might do some of her makeup looks soon)
So, without further ado, let’s get this party started!
Let’s do this!
Taylor Swift ACM Awards Makeup Tutorial
- Start off by priming your face (I love the L’Oreal Pore Vanisher), applying your favorite foundation (my usual Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup), and using your best powder to help you combat shine (the Rimmel Stay Matte powder is a keeper).
- Now we can move onto the eye makeup. You can apply an eyeshadow primer (here is my DIY eyeshadow primer). Then apply a shimmery eyeshadow all over the lid (this is the W3LL People Elitist Mineral Eyeshadow… But the Mineral Foundation is shown in the picture–my mistake!).
- Once you have applied the lid color, then you can start by lining your top and bottom lashline with a blue eyeliner pencil (I absolutely love the Stila Smudge Stick in Ultramarine).
- Now onto the mascara. I think a great mascara is the Lights, Camera, Splashes! waterproof mascara.
- Once you have finished your eye makeup, you can then move to the cheeks. Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks (NYX blushes are awesome… Especially the NYX Powder Blush in Peach).
- Lastly, you need to work on the lips. I thought of this lip color as an orangey red or a coraly red. Two great options are both from the Bobbi Brown Crazy for Color line: Lady Ruba and Mango. I picture her lips as a mix of these two colors because her lips seem to have a orangey red color with a hint of coral. I absolutely love her lip color here!
And that’s how you do it! For the hair, I would use Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Cream. It helps you achieve perfectly tousled hair in no time. I also love this product because it gives you that messy hair look without you looking like you just rolled out of bed.
You are now on your way to becoming Taylor Swift. All you need is a guitar and you’re set!
If you would love to see your favorite celebrity’s makeup looks, then comment down below or tweet me and I will give it a try.
Have a fantastic day and don’t forget to #StayBeautiful.